Successful People and their Habits
Successful people generally have daily habits that contribute to their success. It’s easy to be jealous of successful people and their achievements. However, they have worked very hard to get to where they are.
There are certain things that many outrageously successful people tend to have in common – and these things have nothing to do with luck. They are habits that have helped them to success.
In fact, these habits are things you can replicate in your own life, giving YOU the best chance of success in life and business.
Here are some of the habits that successful people follow regularly, if not daily.
- They get up early – Now don’t be put off by this. However, how often do you see successful people getting out of bed at 11am? Not many. Sure, there are exceptions, but as a rule, you’ll find many are up early and starting their day as they mean to go on. Try it.
- Meditation or Prayer – This is not something i do regularly, but i know 100% it works. I know a bunch of successful people and they do one or the other, sometimes even both! I find my brain can’t switch off for long enough to meditate.
- They exercise! – This is so important for mind AND body. This is something i do regularly, 3 times a week. We just got a dog on Sunday and i am Loving all the walking. I feel energised and ready to crack on with the rest of my day.
- They set goals – Tony Robbins says, “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” Set clear and consider goals and refer back to them regularly. I do love setting goals and stocking to them.
A few more successful habits:
- They network – successful people get out there and network online and offline. They get their name out there and are consistent about it.
- Consistent – YEP, it’s true (shocker), successful people are consistent and they have a daily schedule. they write out what they need to achieve that day and get it done. Successful people certainly don’t make excuses.
- They set boundaries: Successful people aren’t afraid to say no. They set boundaries and are strict with them. I set boundaries in my business world 4-5 years ago and i have never looked back.
- They read – They read a lot, stay up to date and own many many business books. Novels help with storytelling too. This post Here will tell you more about storytelling and being human in business.
Which habits do you think you could start making?
Which habits from the list above could you start adding to your daily routine? There are more you can add, like positive self talk, helping others, giving back etc. Also learning from mistakes rather than beating yourself up over ‘failures’. They’re not failures if you learn from them.
Let me know which ones you could start doing today.