Business Strategy – Do You Have One?
Business strategy and goals, do you have both or even one of these? I always have both, but find many businesses don’t. They have dreams, but no actual goals to make those dreams actually come true. They also don’t have a business strategy in place to achieve those goals. As a result, these business don’t always last very long. Therefore it’s imperative to get a business strategy on paper right away. I have a strategy for just about everything in my business. That way i know where i am and therefore what is working.
What is a business strategy?
Your business strategy is a summary of how your business plans to achieve its goals. The definition of a business strategy is a long term plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal. Or set of goals or objectives. You’ll be astounded at just how little people strategise in their business and many have no idea where to start. Due to an overcrowded market place, you need to get this part of your business in place.
Building your business strategy tips:
- Grab that pen and paper or a good planner (my preferred option)
- Go back on posts on your social media and see what worked and what times of day your posts got the most reach.
- Go back on your blog posts and see which posts got the most reach and how many people commented or shared your post.
- Don’t let your ego get in the way, ask the experts for help when you need it.
- If you’re waiting for perfection, you won’t get anywhere fast. If that blog post is 99% ready, publish it! Stop tweaking it for 3 weeks!
- Educate yourself on social media, trends, blogging and getting great content.
- Be passionate about what you do and let your clients/customers see that.
- You can’t do it all alone. Hire the people to do the bits you can’t or aren’t very good at.
- Set realistic goals and targets that you can meet (very important)
Firstly these are all tips to help you build a healthy business and a business strategy that can work over and over again. As a result, you’ll work less, but achieve more. Which is the end goal or at least should be! Don’t go into 2017 still feeling like you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t have any goals or are still unsure about what to do. Pick up the phone, call me on 07879 464664 (if you’re in the UK) or email me at anytime email@example.com from anywhere around the world. Let’s get your business strategy on paper. My one hour consultations are just £75 and you’ll walk away feeling like you Can achieve those goals with the right procedures.
Let’s make 2017 an amazing year for your business. Most of all, let’s make it a profitable one.