How To Build Your Social Media Profiles
Your social media profiles are where people are watching you. They may land on your website first, but most commonly these days, people will go and check out your social media profiles. They’ll want to see what people are saying about you and what you are posting. So here’s a question for you: How do your social media profiles look?
What You Can Do To Improve My Social Media Profiles
If you’re looking to improve or make changes to your social media profiles, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Ensure you have the same colours for your branding across all your social media profiles.
- Also ensure all your bios across your platforms have the same description.
- Post DAILY!
- Post not just daily, but post RELATIVE content daily.
- Research your competitors and see what they’re doing. Don’t steal their work, but re-work it to make it fit in with your business and message.
- Reply to peoples comments, make them feel valued.
- Remember the 80/20 rule. 80% of your content should be NON salesy. It could be a survey/poll, a motivational/inspirational quote, a coffee/good morning message. Anything that Relates to your ideal client. The 20% should be product/service based content and links to blog posts. You can also include posts like ‘Do you prefer the black one or the red one’ type posts. This is a non direct way of selling. Try it, it really works. Oh… and try forget to have fun with it.
These tips are for those that don’t really know social media or those that simply want to try and be more consistent on their social media profiles and want to make more of an effort in growing and nurturing their social media.
Give your social media some TLC and eventually it will start paying you back. It takes time though, lots of love and care and I can’t stress enough – lots of CONSISTENCY. You’ve got this, keep at it.
Reading books relevant to your field will help your brain create new content too. Give that a try. I have endless books on my shelves that still need reading. I probably need to make me time for that if anything!!